What you really need to know about buying — from people who house hunt for a living. Looking for a home can be a little overwhelming to the new home buyer and even the seasoned ones. Remember, there is no reason to go it alone. If you are in the market to buy a home, CONTACT US.
Here are a few things real estate pros look for when hunting for a home:
- Be Willing to Compromise for Your Priorities
- Dig Into the Details
- Scope out the sewer line — especially if you’re interested in an older home
- Look at the trees. How mature are they? Roots from older trees can invade the sewer line; untrimmed branches can pummel your gutters during storms.
- Know what’s not covered by homeowners insurance. Ask how old the appliances are. You might need to budget for something new in a few years. Sellers are only required to fix what the inspector finds is broken; they’re not going to upgrade working appliances for you.
- Focus on Lifestyle
- Filter Your Choices Through the Lens of Resale
- Don’t buy a home that’s not in line with the neighborhoods average price