How can you pick the right Folsom neighborhood or Folsom community to live in?
Buying a home is not only the largest purchase you might ever make, but choosing the right home in the right neighborhood is important. A buyer not only needs to choose the right home, but buyers also need to pay equal attention to the neighborhood or community. You will never love your house if you do not like your neighborhood.
Start planning and making a list
- Do you have children or plan to have children? If you have kids, schools, parks and community centers are important to families. Even if you are single and do not have kids, purchasing by highly ranked schools will raise property values.
- What type of home are you interested in? Single family, condo, townhouse or an apartment.
- Are you more interested in a home in Folsom’s Historic District? Historic homes have lots of character and charm, but may require upkeep.
- How far are you willing to commute? Choosing a neighborhood that allows you to bike, walk, easy commute access to freeways.
Decide on a Folsom neighborhood
- Start investigating the Folsom communities and neighborhoods in Folsom you find interesting
- Join social media groups that focus on Folsom area neighborhoods and Folsom communities. Its a great way to meet people living in the community, get input about schools, crime, traffic, etc.
- Do your research on Folsom schools. There are several Elementary schools, 2 high schools and 2 middle schools. Look up local crime statics or visit the Folsom Police station if you have specific questions or concerns related to crime in the area. Folsom has miles of trails for biking and walking, lots of neighborhood parks, Folsom Lake and recreation opportunities. Don’t forget about individual neighborhood associations, some Folsom communities have higher HOA fees than others.
Hit the streets
- visit the Folsom neighborhoods that are now at the top of your list. Stop and listen for traffic, highways, planes, trains, etc.
- Talk to people in the neighborhood. Leonardi Real Estate agents who live and work in the area can provide a lot of local information and statistics.
Over the past 15 years, Folsom, California is constantly being recognized as a top place to live in the country. Here are just a few…
We are local experts in real estate. We live and work in the area and can provide you with all the information needed to make an educated decision when buying a home in Folsom.